Saturday, March 28, 2015

Time to go home…


(written March 27, 2015)

Our final day in Ethiopia is just beginning. The call to prayer woke me early this morning…but I didn’t really sleep well in the first place. My mind has been busy these last two days trying to process and summarize and come to terms with the experiences of the past 3 weeks.

I imagine this process will take some time…and will continue long after I return to the routine of life at home.

I have been changed by this experience…the challenge will come in seeing that change take root as I have already begun to think about the agenda that awaits me at the church, the assignments with approaching deadlines, and even some renovation ideas for our home that I was thinking about this morning! Strange what comes to one’s mind in these early hours of the morning!



Ethiopia is a rugged and beautiful country, but it is also a place of tremendous need that breaks your heart…so many times Fanosie and I have talked about how the need calls out to us…but we can’t help everyone…often it seems impossible just considering where one might begin.

However, two pieces have stuck with me…Bibles and motorbikes…

In the weeks and months to come I will wonder more, process more, share visions and ideas, and then wonder some more in prayer about what God plans to do in me…and maybe the congregation I serve…through this experience…

For now, it’s time to go home…

No comments:

Post a Comment